When it comes to gas Kolch Plumbing offer a premium service with our technicians being regularly updated on forever changing regulations.
Kolch Plumbing can find and locate any gas leak in a fast and efficient manner
We can install any gas appliance whether LPG or Natural Gas powers it.
- Domestic or Commercial hot water services.
- BBQ’s (including LPG to Natural Gas conversion)
- Commercial Clothes Dryers
- Wood Fire Heaters
Process for finding Gas Leaks
- Locate meter, usually at the front of the property. (side of the house for domestic properties)
- Turn off Main Valve.
- Disconnect pipework.
- Connect Manometer (Gauges pressure in a gas line using a water gauge)
- Pump up gas line to 7kpa leave for 5 minutes depending on how big the gas line is.
- If there is a leak the water gauge will drop if there is no leak the gauge will hold at 7kpa.
- If there is a leak the plumber must go around to all joins on pipework and inspect with soapy water.
- Soapy water will bubble if there is leak.
Common causes of gas leaks
- Old pipework, many houses still have their original galvanised steel pipe. This pipe will become frail and break apart if it comes to contact with any corroding materials.
- Loose joints on pipework, this can caused by the original installation of joint or by movement of the house forcing strain on the joint.
- Old Appliances leaking, This can sometmes be the most serious type of gas leak as it can leak directly into your house causing an ignition source.